Custom Search
Malaysia Web Hosting

Pensioner can’t afford to junk old car

>> Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pensioner can’t afford to junk old car


I AM a retired civil servant aged 67 years old and I drive a Datsun 120Y which I bought new in 1980. I am still using the car.

It is in top condition because of regular maintenance.

With the new regulation requiring cars over 15 years to be sent for inspection before road tax is issued, what will happen if my car does not get approval because it is about 30 years old?

I cannot afford to buy a new car as my only source of income now is my pension.

No finance company will give me a car loan because of my age and so I will have to go to a loan shark to get a loan and be forever in debt if I want to buy a newer car.

Is this what 1Malaysia all about? People first?

MARC ANTHONY,
Penang.


(source: thestar.com)

* Lucky enough, the government decided not to implement the new policy on old car.

0 comments:

, , , ,
Malaysia Web Hosting

News-Malaysia

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP